I bought this lovely bike after taking the beginner MSF course. I spent the first 8 months after buying the bike just breaking it in, following the factory-recommended schedule. I bought the bike in the Fall, and continued to ride in the Winter, which sometimes required waiting several weeks for the snow to temporarily disappear before it was possible to ride. I recently took the experienced rider course offered by MSF, and have been commuting to work, which includes a stop in Boston in the evenings. This is about a 70-mile round trip, all by highway. I've performed the first 500-mile maintenance myself, using this site for advice on how to perform the actual maintenance tasks, as well as making additional modifications.
1. Populated empty brake light pods with bulbs and sockets.
2. Replaced front side reflectors with truck marker lights (of similar size) to act as DRLs.
3. Replaced stock windscreen with Mike's Euro Tinted Windshield.
4. Added Mike's Winter Wings.
5. Installed Hard Luggage System (milk crate and bungees).
HJC CL-15 Helmet
Joe Rocket Blaster Gloves
Tour Master Polar Tex Gloves
Joe Rocket Ballistic 7.0 Pants
Cortech FSX jacket
First Gear Kilimanjaro Jacket
Icon Standard Boots (Black)
Sliks Helmet Liner
Earplugs (NRR 33dB)